Web marketing & PPC advertising
The world of advertising and marketing is changing. As more and more consumers are turning to the internet to research and buy their products, its significance continues to increase. Online advertising spend in the UK alone is estimated to reach £5bn for 2012 (4% growth on the previous year), whilst 2011 saw year-on-year growth of 14.4%.
At Channel Digital, we have significant expertise in the optimisation of online marketing campaigns to generate strong ROI for our clients
We ensure that your web presence is a seamless, efficient and profitable arm of your business. This includes driving traffic to your site through organic search techniques alongside PPC advertising, then giving the user the most entertaining and useful experience while they are on your site.
Our approach is to treat each client individually, finding out what works best for you, so we can:
- Take full responsibility for creating and managing your PPC campaign
- Work alongside your in-house advertising and marketing departments
- Work with your traditional external agency
- Provide training and consultancy in PPC marketing
Google AdWords and other PPC channels provide the opportunity to:
- Instantly attract accurately targeted traffic to your site
- Geographically target your audience
- Limit and track costs
- Harvest detailed information about your web site's conversion rates
- Calculate the exact cost-per-sale
- Attract more sales
Other popular programmes include Microsoft Ad Centre, but with Google commanding something like 90% of market share in the UK, that is normally the first place to focus your attention and digital marketing budget.
AdWords works seamlessly with other Google products, including Google Analytics and Google Webmaster Tools.
Other activities which we often undertake to improve the effectiveness of your campaign are:
- Keyword research
- Landing page authoring and optimisation
- Advanced Analytics set up, including goals, segmentation, and custom reporting
- Analytics tracking including link tracking and cross-domain reporting
- Automated monthly reports
- Content Experiments - A/B Split testing
- Various keyword match types
- Secondary campaigns using Microsoft Ad Centre, where lower CPC than Google can be achieved
When optimising your campaign we are broadly looking to....
- Increase: Relevance, click-through rate (CTR), conversion rate, traffic quality and sales.
- Decrease: Wastage, cost per click, cost per sale, bidding on low converting phrases, and costs.
Repairing an AdWords account
When we inherit an existing AdWords campaign there is often a great deal of repair work to be done.
Typically the CTR has become very low on an existing campaign, meaning that Google will push your ads further and further down the page. This in turn makes the CTR lower again, leading your campaign into a downward spiral of poorer performance and diminishing returns. Before the campaign can perform optimally it is important to repair this damage.
Here, we often follow a structured process, to first identify the issues, then stabilise the campaign, and finally, begin improving performance:
- Cut back the number of search phrases
- Focus on only on the very best keywords for a while
- Drive the average CTR back into a better range
- Broaden out the campaign again, as the core starts to perform better and improve the ROI (usually within 1-2 months)
Measurable results of an effective AdWords campaign can include:
- Increased visitor numbers
- Increased repeat visitor numbers
- Improved business reputation
- A database of qualified leads
- Casual browsers converted to repeat visitors and loyal customers
Please talk to Channel Digital about how we can help you optimise and improve the effectiveness of your PPC, and all online marketing and customer acquisition.