- Joomla Tutorial for Version 1.5
- Logging In and User Activities
- Adding and Editing Content (Articles)
- Adding and Editing Images
- Adding a Link
- Metadata Information
- Adding a PDF Document
- Adding a Menu Item
- Media Manager
- Other Article Editing Options
- Article Editing Tips
- Web Links
- Administrating Users
- Technical Specification
- All Pages
Adding and Editing Content (Images)
In the admin menu find Content -> Article Manager and use the green button to create a new article, or select the article you wish to add an image to. A useful beginner’s tutorial is also available - How to create images in Joomla.
Once you have opened the article you will need to upload the file containing your image. Click on the Image button at the bottom left hand corner of the screen, then find your image from your computer and click on Start Upload to upload it. Once this is done, you will be able to find your image at the top of the screen as .png file. Select it, then click on the Insert button which you will find above the images on the right hand side. This will insert the image into your page, and you will now be able to drag it to the correct position within your article. You will also now be able to edit it if you wish. To do this, select the image, then click on Insert/Edit Image in the Joomla menu. You will then be able to choose your alignment settings, re-size, and set margins. Remember to click Update at the bottom of this screen to save your changes.
NB. If you want to allocate an image to a category or section, your images need to be saved in the folder: http://yourdomain/images/stories. You can upload images using the Media Manager in the admin area, or when editing Section, Category or Article text.
You may edit pages according to your allocated permissions. Anyone with a status of Editor or above can edit pages. To do this, simply open the article concerned, insert or edit your image, then save the article. You can check the changes in the front end, by opening another browser window, going to the relevant page within the main, public, site and then refreshing your screen.
Please note that after editing the page you must either Save or Cancel the task, as a page will remain locked if you just navigate away - for example using the forward and backwards arrows on your browser.
Once you have edited an article you cannot return to a previously saved page. We recommend that if you want to experiment with changes but wish to go back to how an article previously looked, then follow these steps:
- Open article in the back end
- Click [show/hide] – this hides the Editor and reveals all text and HTML code
- Copy all the text and code into a Notepad document and Save (Ctrl+A selects all, Ctrl+C to copy. Ctrl+V to paste in Notepad)
- Click [show/hide] and edit the article as needed
- If you need to restore the version saved in Notepad just copy and paste back into the article (remember to click [show/hide] to hide the editor before doing so)