Information security is placed as a high priority at Channel Digital, we are already committed to best practice and welcome the recent GDPR regulation as it will create even more safeguards for personal data.
What Information We Collect
Channel Digital collects and stores certain data when you contact us, subscribe to our email newsletter, or engage in a business contract with us. The personally identifiable information provided by you that we may process is as follows:
- Full name
- Email address(es)
- Telephone number(s)
- Physical address
We collect statistical information about your use of our website to better improve your experience of our website. This includes:
- Details of your visits to our website, this includes location data, traffic data, logs and other communication data and resources that you access on our website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system and browser type.
- On occasion we may use third party software providers to log your use of our website to improve your experience and the performance of our website.
Why We Collect It
The information which you supply to us may be used in the following ways:
- Contact for ongoing business correspondence, email notifications, and sharing information with you about our services.
- Channel Digital email newsletter
- Employee details for statutory and contractual requirements
- Supplier details for internal use only
What We Do With It
We have undertaken a systematic review of the personal information we store, manage, maintain, collect, process and control. Your information may be processed and retained by ourselves while utilising GDPR compliant services in the following ways:
- Employee email accounts
- Online and Cloud storage
- Offline backup storage
- Paper documentation
Disclosing your information
- We will not share your information with any other organisations for marketing, market research or commercial purposes, and we do not pass on your details to other websites.
- Legal obligation - we may retain and pass on your personal information in circumstances where we have a legal obligation to do so.
You can find out what personal information we hold about you, and request that we do not use any of the information we collect.
If you have subscribed to email newsletters and alerts, you can unsubscribe or change your settings at any time by selecting the ‘unsubscribe’ link that appears in every email.
According to GDPR we are satisfied that personal information:
- is processed fairly and lawfully
- is processed only for specified and lawful purposes
- is adequate, relevant and not excessive
- is accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date
- is not kept longer than necessary
- is processed in accordance with an individual’s consent and rights
- is kept secure
- is not transferred abroad without suitable safeguards
Channel Digital is committed to:
- clearly describing how we handle personal information
- regularly reviewing and auditing how we handle personal information
- ensuring all employees handling personal information understand they are responsible for following good practice and are
- properly trained and supervised, with regular assessments
- responding promptly and efficiently to queries about handling personal information
We will be using all reasonable endeavours to ensure that our suppliers are compliant with GDPR. We will also be reviewing our technology platforms and devices to analyse their operation, security, compliance in order to ensure that they meet the standards we have laid down and identify any gaps and risks.