Circular&Co. is a Cornish based business on a mission to reduce waste by pioneering sustainable homeware products. Dan Dicker, the CEO and brainchild of Circular, is visionary in both his environmental approach to business as well as his brilliant product designs. With a global reach, the team is championing the circular economy and we are very proud to be supporting them in this endeavor.
Brief – A Multisite Approach
With ambitious international expansion, Circular needed a new website setup that would enable them to efficiently run their business online and allow regional variations for different countries. After discussion with the Channel team, it was agreed that a multisite website installation would be the best solution.
The key advantages included:
- Ability to quickly create any number of dedicated websites all from the same installation.
- Global administrator for all websites, with each regional website having a unique administrator login that allows them to take ownership of their area.
- Ability to control the overall look and feel of the websites and keep everything ‘on-brand’.
- Allows for a better multi-language experience, as each site can be configured in the relevant language during its setup.
- With dedicated sites, SEO strategies can be tailored to individual countries more effectively.
- Easy to add content such as product details, company information and images across all sites.
- Updates and maintenance all done from one central area and applied to all sites at once.
- Ecommerce is able to have separate payment systems.
WordPress was the ideal choice of platform to create and manage the network of multiple websites. In addition, WooCommerce was used for their ecommerce shop and is fully compatible with the multisite installation. The ability to switch on and off the ecommerce functionality is a useful addition in this type of setup.
Sitewide content pages and individual site pages are set up with an easy to use visual page builder, making it possible for administrators to add and update content without knowledge of HTML markup code.
Some examples of the regional websites include:
- United States: https://circularandco.com/us/
- Germany: https://circularandco.com/de/
- Ireland: https://circularandco.com/ie/
The site has several integrations we have custom coded and configured for:
- Not On The High Street and Etsy sales channels
- Back-end warehousing and inventory management systems
- Delivery / shipping solutions
- Email marketing
- Google’s product feed
- Content delivery
To find out more about the pros and cons of setting up this type of website please visit our article about WordPress Multisites.
Feedback from Circular&Co
“We are delighted that we now have the ability to control key information across all our stockists through their own microsites. Channel Digital have been excellent at interpreting our brand's vision and efficiently guided through the process. The team at Channel Digital were always there to support us and help us expand upon our original vision where needed.” Matt Menhenett
- Online Store
- Central website administration area
- Content Management
- Visual Page Builder
- Contact Forms
- News, Blogging and Videos
- Third-party sales channel integrations
- Warehouse, inventory management, and shipping system integrations